Hach LDO® Technology for the Power Industry
How Luminescent Dissolved Oxygen Works:
Our Hach dissolved oxygen instruments are equipped with a measuring LED that emits a pulse of blue light and a photo diode as a light detector. The instruments are also equipped with a sensitive luminescent coated spot that is exposed to the sample.
- The measuring LED emits a pulse of blue light which irradiates the back of the oxygen sensitive spot. The coating material reacts with luminescence and emits a pulse of red light where the intensity and time delay are measured.
- When oxygen is present in the sample stream and contacts the coating, the intensity and time delay of the luminescent light emission are changed.
- The more oxygen molecules come into contact with the coating, the lower the intensity and the shorter the duration of the red radiation. These changes in the profile curve are used to determine the measurement.
Watch the video to see just how fast it is
Request a Quote or
Get More Information on K1100 or 3100
- Effects of dissolved oxygen
- Importance of measuring dissolved oxygen
- Water chemistry
- Sources of oxygen in leakage
- Measurement points
- New technology to measure dissolved oxygen